- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of jalapeños
- Italian bread
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Mini tomatoes, quartered
- Italian Dressing
- Preheat grill on high. Separate ground beef into 1/4 pound pieces. Take one piece and break into two pieces. One piece should be larger than the other.Take the smaller portion of the 1/4 pound piece and make into a thin patty. Set aside.
- Take the bigger half and flatten into a thick patty. Place on wax paper and press your thumb into the center and work your fingers around the sides to make the patty start to look like a bowl.
- Place 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese into the bowl patty and add desired amount of jalapeños.
- Take the thin patty and place on top of the bowl patty, cheese and jalapeños. Work around the patties like a pie crust enclosing the ingredients into the meat.
- Place patties on grill, flipping once.
- While the patties are cooking, cut the Italian bread into slices and butter both sides. Place on grill, flipping four times creating criss cross grill marks on the bread.
- Use the bread as the bun for the burger. Add desired condiments, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Optional: Take romaine, lettuce and cheese to make a small side salad, top with Italian dressing.